There are a number of ways of saying Goodbye.
We often say ‘Bye’ or ‘Bye…Bye..’ instead of ‘Goodbye’.
It’s always nice to use a rising or tall rise intonation.
As you can sec in the following episodes
saying Goodbye is often spread over several turns.
1. Bye mum. See you soon.
2. Well, goodbye son. Look offer yourself
3. See you guys. Bye.
4. Cherio. Bye
5. Bye… Bye.
6. Goodbye. Good night mum.
7. See you tomorrow bye.
8. Bye, See you.
9. Well, goodbye Lara, safe tourney.
10. Cheerio, Haran. Look after yourself.
11. All the best. Have a good flight
12. Well, goodbye. Don’t work too hard.
13. Goodbye everyone. Thank you for everything
14. Goodbye- Don’t forget to write.
15. I won’t (forget). Bye
16. Goodbye darling. I’ll miss you very much.
17. Goodbye. Give my love to everyone
18. Thank you goodbye. Come again.
19. Thank you for your help. Goodbye.
SENDING CHILDREN TO SCHOOL, KISSING GOODBYE
M – Mother D – Dinesh L-Leela
M – Are you ready Dinesh?
D – Yes, mum.
M – Don’t yes mum me all the lime
D – No mum.
M – Right, Leela, Are you ready?
L – Where’s my school bag and .my…Water bottle?
M – I don t know, it is your bag and your bottle
L – Ah. Here it is.
M – Right, see you later. Give me a kiss Bye – see you
L+D – Bye – see you.